Monday, April 4, 2011

Clyde: The Cat Who Wants To Be A Dog?

Part of my plans to face this life with out a mate is to bring Molly back into the house. She is an only dog now and I intended for her to be a house dog all along, but circumstances forced me to move her outside. That being said, things are finally all arranged to have her in the house full time or nearly so. Her crate is in my bedroom and my intention was for her to spend last night in it. This way all of us, Bonnie, Clyde, Molly, and Momma would sleep in the house and possibly sleep in the same room. There was a wrench in the monkey works: at bedtime Clyde was bedded down in the dog crate as far away from the doorway as he could possibly be. I opened the door wide and sang several rounds of The Clyde Song to no avail. He was entrenched to stay. There was no way I was going to bring Molly in and attempt to extricate Clyde from the crate with her able bodied asssistance! My constitution isn't strong enough for that. Clyde did this once before and it was an ugly scene; I speak from experience. I gave up and climbed into bed. After the lights went out, the crate door squeaked, and even though I didn't see him, I'm sure he left the crate immediately...a cat after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment