Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Prodigal Blogger Returns

Hmmm...well....I'm back. It's been a long, long while. Here I am again. I seem to start a lot of things over, but in light of the options (ending permanently), starting over seems to be a pretty good choice. This blog, thus far, has been about the fur and fiber in my life. I think I'll keep it that way. In the many months since my last post, I've become a sock knitting fiend. I've certainly enjoyed knitting socks since my begining with them. Now I knit one pair right after another. Now that I think about it, it's like having books in a stack and ready to read. I have multiple skeins of sock yarn in stock and as I finish a pair, I cast on another skein. This last weekend I added to my stash by visiting a yarn shop on the beach. Specifically T-Spot in Manzanita, Oregon. The phone number is 503-368-SPOT. They can also be friended/liked on Facebook. The shop also carries teas and chocolate. I must admit that I didn't see any tea, that I recall, I did eventually see the chocolate (it is prominantly displayed beautifully and it's the pretty and special fancy chocolate sans Snickers et al), but I was focused on finding sock yarn. I chose a beautiful tonal orange from Shibuiknits and two skeins out of the discount bin (Tofutsies in a lovely solid green and Berroco Sox in a variegated salmon, peach, brown). The green Tofutsies will be my very first solid colored pair of socks. That's enough of the fiber I guess...reluctantly... On to the fur... Bonnie and Clyde are well and prosper. They still are not gainfully employed. This certainly disappointments me as the currently unemployed Momma of the household. We will get by in some fashion. Molly prospers as well. She seems to be doing just fine with out Henry. She has gathered all of the knuckle bones from the back yard far and near and settled them in a halo radiating out from the back door. Her focus is the back door. She wants in the house with every desperate and excited fiber of her Rottweiler being. I've been slowly transitioning her to life in the house. Poor, poor Molly. She wants the kitties so very much, but the kitties don't want her. Well, more on all of this later. I gotta go...off to a lunch and visit with a dear friend. Bonnie is sending her hateful looks as I finish this.

No comments:

Post a Comment